Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December 8th: I SAID HEY-OH!

December the 8th, 2009, may just go down in history as the greatest day ever. There is only one way it could have possibly been made better, and that is if when I got home, David Tennant was in the kitchen making waffles. An absurd hypothetical, you may say, but that's how good my day was.
Showcase:
I had my aaa showcase today. Everyone kicked some serious lower-back. Shoutouts to Mateuse, my scene partner who is MADE OF SUNSHINE.

But more importantly...
GREEN DAY:
Yes. I've now seen Green Day in concert. I've been waiting four years for this evening, and it finally occurred.
Billie Joe Armstrong (the frontman for all you noobs) exerted more energy in the first song alone than I've ever required in my entire life. He proves, without question, that the more successful and famous you become, the less justification you need for ADD. He bombarded the audience, between songs, with a super soaker, toilet paper and even a T-Shirt cannon, randomly covered snippets of songs, from Highway to Hell, to Stairway to Heaven, to Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.
Now, here's an honest personal confession. The first time I ever heard American Idiot was also the first time I spontaneously air-guitarred. It then seemed only fitting that during American Idiot, Ayla (who has the credit of introducing me to Green Day, back in year 8) and I spontaneously air-guitarred. That was some damn fine air-guitarring.
Anyone who's seen Bullet in a Bible will agree that King For A Day is probably their most spectacular song. And yes, it was played, much to my enthusigasm (a word I made up which seems to have an effect). But no, it did not morph itself into Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. It morphed, after Shout of course, into several songs, including Hey Jude. Hey freaking Jude. Hey Jude has never been experienced until it is sung by thousands of people at a Green Day concert.
Something about me is that I tend to miss brilliant moments of things for one reason or another. But not this time. I have seen the ass of Billie Joe Armstrong. How many people can say that? Everyone who was at the concert, because he mooned the audience.
Before I faceplant into my keyboard, perhaps I should go to bed. Nighty night.

No comments: